Applications are invited for Marie Curie Fellowship TRABIT-ESR10 within the department of MR Clinical Science for International students. Applicant will also have the opportunity to register for PhD in the Medical Image Analysis group of the Department of Biomedical Engineering of the Eindhoven University of Technology under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Marcel Breeuwer and Prof. Dr Josien Pluim.
The TRABIT project will provide high quality network-wide scientific training courses and complementary skills training. The “Translational Brain Imaging Training Network “(TRABIT) research project aims to bring innovative quantitative neuroimage computing methods into the clinic, enabling improved health care delivery to patients with brain disease.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue research.
Study Subject: Fellowship are awarded within the “Translational Brain Imaging Training Network”
This post is available from 1st April 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter, but not later than 1st July 2018, and will be offered on a full-time fixed-term contract for a period of 12 months, renewable up to a total of 36 months.
We offer a gross salary that is in accordance with the EC Marie Curie financial guidelines for the ITN funding scheme. Furthermore, we offer an inspiring innovative working environment in one of the largest medical imaging companies worldwide. If the candidates opts to apply for a PhD at the Eindhoven University of Technology, a maximally 1 -year extension under the employment of this university may be possible (provided the candidates satisfies the criteria for a PhD application, which will be evaluated in the 3rd year project year)
Nationality: International Students
Number of Scholarships: The research in TRABIT will be performed within a network of 10R&D Institutes spread over Europe, which will host a total of 15 Early Stage Researchers, supported by the highly prestigious and competitive Marie Curie Innovative Training Networks(ITN) fellowship program.
Scholarship can be taken in Netherlands
Eligibility for Scholarships:
Eligible Countries: International Students
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant should have a Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics or Bio Medical Engineering.
- Applicant with prior experience in MRI and medical image analysis will be given highest preference. Ample experience in software design and implementation in C# or C++ in a Windows OS environment using Visual Studio is considered as a big advantage!
- The Funding can only take place after submission of this proof. If this proof cannot be provided in time, please inform us immediately (if applicable, the start of funding will be postponed according to this period).
- Candidates will be required to meet the Marie Curie Early Stage Researchers eligibility criteria. In Particular, at the time of recruitment by the most organization, candidates must be in the first four years (full time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree. This is measured from the date when they obtained the degree which would formally entitle them to embark on a doctorate. The are required to move to the Netherlands when taking up their appointment. At the time of recruitment by the host organization, researcher must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the Netherlands for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the start date. Short days such as holidays and/compulsory national service are not taken into account.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to apply: Your application contains, at least:
- A brief letter motivating your interest in the position
- A detailed curriculum vitea
- Transcripts of academic records indicating courses taken (including grades)
- Half-page summary of your MSc thesis
- Contact details of two relevant references
Submission will be not considered eligible without these documents!
Application Deadline: February 1, 2018