The English as a Second Language(ESL) Bursary is offered by the College of Graduates & Postdoctoral Studies (CGPS) as support program for international graduate students who would like to strengthen their English skills by taking a course offered through the Language Centre.
The aim of the bursary is to support applicant who must be registered as a full-time international graduate student in good standing at the University of Saskatchewan in a degree program to hold the bursary.
The University of Saskatchewan is a Canadian research university, founded in 1907, and located on the east side of the South Saskatchewan River in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for Graduate students.
Study Subject: ESL bursaries will available for the following courses:
- Spoken English (General speaking & Listening skills)
- Effective writing and grammar (reading or general writing and grammar skills)
- Graduate level Writing
Scholarship Award: Varies depending on classes
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for the bursary
Number of Scholarships: Varies
Scholarship can be taken in the Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for the bursary
Entrance Requirements: Applicant must be a graduate student.
English Language Requirements: You must have met the minimum English proficiency requirements at the University of Saskatchewan
How to Apply:
- Download and complete sections I-IV of the application form.
- The applicant’s supervisor or Graduate Chair must complete Section V.
- ALL four pages of the application must be submitted together by the deadline for Graduate Awards & Scholarships.
- It can be delivered to our office or emailed to us using the information given below.
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered for the competition.
Application Form: http://www.usask.ca/cgps/documents/ESL%20Bursary%20Application1.pdf
Application Deadline: Fall term (September- December)-August 1st annually, Winter term (January- April)- December 1st annually, Spring/Summer term(May-August)-March 1st annually.